Fall family photos are incredibly popular since the temperatures are a bit cooler in Texas and the holidays are around the corner. The idea of getting those holiday cards ready means we need to get an updated family portrait. We spend the entire year without even considering getting in front of the camera but as soon as October 1st comes around something inside us makes us book that session. This fall I will be photographing more than 20 families (many of them returning clients), and I am just incredibly grateful that they chose me.
If you haven’t already schedule your fall family photos, here are some things to consider:
- Choose a photographer with your style. Remember there are millions of photographers out there and they all have a different shooting and editing style. You want to make sure that their website or social media platforms are consistent with the look you are wanting. After all you will be staring at these images for years to come.
- Schedule the session during the week! I know that it may seem impossible, but with enough time you may be able to shift some things around to make the session time happen. The reason sessions are better during the week is because less crowds makes the experience even more calm.
- Fall family photos may take place in the fall but as you know it can still be pretty hot here in San Antonio, Texas. So when choosing your outfits make sure to consider the heat.
- You may notice that many photographers are completely booked this fall. Consider scheduling your fall family photos before the FALL. I open my booking calendar in August and most October dates are filled even before fall arrives. So mark your calendar and start scheduling the sooner the better.
- Make the experience one worth remembering. If your photographer is experienced like me you don’t have to worry about anything once you arrive at your session. Let the photographer do the work and you sit back and enjoy every moment.
If you haven’t scheduled your family photos yet, you can take a look at my calendar to see what is left in regards to dates. If none of those dates work for you, consider booking s spring session instead. Spring temperatures are perfect for family photos.