If you’ve read my previous blog post, you know that high school senior portraits are no longer like your mom’s senior photos. With social media, seniors today want post-worthy images that show their personality. They want unique images! And the best way to do that is in choosing the perfect outfits for the senior session. So when deciding on how many outfits to bring, consider the following:
- Bring more than one outfit. With more than one outfit choice for your senior session, you get more of a variety of images in the end. And not only that, but choosing two outfits means that you get two opportunities to capture your style.
- If you bring two outfits, bring a casual one (something you would wear on any given day) and a dressy one (an elegant dress, a suit jacket, etc).
- If you bring three outfits, bring a casual one, a dressy one and something trendy/fun.
- Choose outfits that YOU like to wear and that reflect your current style. Remember these images will remind you in 20 years what you were like at the age of 18.
- Accessorize your outfits. Wear hats, jewelry, boots, etc to make your outfit stand out.
- Bring props that reflect your current interests/hobbies such as sports balls, dance shoes, instruments, etc. Extra curricular activities are a big part of your high school career so why not incorporate it into the senior session.
And if you still need suggestions, I am happy to help you choose the best outfits for your shoot. Together we will make sure to pick the best outfits for your senior session.